Sunday, February 1, 2009

10 Years and counting


My Anniversary flowers


Getting ready to go out to dinner.



Us on our wedding day Jan 30th, 1999



Brian and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary on friday. I really can't believe it's been that long. We have had our ups and downs but it seems like we are more in love now then 10 years ago. Maybe that is because we only got married after knowing each other for a few short months. I was so nervous on our wedding day because I couldn't believe I was getting married and moving to England. I sure didn't know what I was getting myself into. Over the years we have definately made time for us. We may not do this on a monthly basis but we have taken numorous vacations/honeymoons, date nights or just movies on the couch together. We seriously would rather hang out with each other then anyone else.

So I started off the day by finding a card downstairs. I read it, it was super sweet. Brian didn't get home from work until 2am so he was still sleeping. I took Devin to school then headed to the gym. I had a great workout. When I was done I called Brian to see if he wanted me to bring him an iced coffee. He said he would meet me there. I detoured a little to pick up a card and movie for him. We don't have the money for big gifts but I knew he would love a blue ray dvd since we only have 1...now 2. We had coffee and Dylan had his usual coffee (chocolate milk) and a donut. Brian opened his gift and loved it. We then went back home to relax. Later in the afternoon Brian went to pick up Devin from school and came home with some beautiful flowers. He picked them out himself at our favorite German florist in Bitburg. He picked out lillies, some tiny purple flowers and this cranberry like sticks. Very intersting color combo but it was still pretty. They smell awesome. We weren't sure if we were going to have the chance to go out to dinner. All our friends have been sick and no one was able to babysit. I got really tired of asking people because I felt after the 4th or 5th person like I was begging. We were fine with just sitting at home eating chinese. Well someone did step up and offer to babysit at the last minute so we took the boy's to our friend Tami's house. She has a wii and a dog, so they love to go there. Brian and I headed to Trier to try out this sushi place that we have wanted to try. The food was good. We got quite a few different things to try. A couple things I didn't care for but some things were just awesome. After dinner we headed back to get the kids then went home. All in all it was a perfect night, laid back like us.

We are so looking forward to finding out where our next adventure will be. I really feel like I have been on this military adventure with Brian from the begining. We met in basic training and have been together pretty much ever since. Our overseas list comes out next week but we won't find out if we were selected for anything on that list until next month. We hope to get orders oversea's. We are pretty much okay with going anywhere. There are a few places we would rather not go but there are only a few.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad someone was able to help you out with the babysitting and you were able to enjoy a night out together!

    ReplyDelete